Saturday, April 13, 2024

Akikan!


Kakeru Daichi has always found it fun to collect the different types of soda cans that he drinks. One day when he tries a melon flavored juice it turns into a cute girl. He names her Melon and has her become a student at the school he attends with the help of his childhood friend Najimi Tenkuji. Kakeru is soon approached by a government official who tells him that this phenomenon happens with every type of drink there is. They have labeled the cans who transform as Akikans. Since cans are made from either steel or aluminum the government wants to get rid of one and make all cans from the same material. So they have the Akikan's fight each other in what is known as the Akikan Elect. Though Kakeru strongly advises Melon not to participate all Akikan's seem to be born with an aversion to the material opposite of them. Is it possible for everyone to get along despite their differences?

Akikan sounds like a weird anime, and it is. Despite them being completely different, it gave me the same feeling I had when I was watching Tayutama. It may be weird and hard to binge, but it is probably the most quotable anime I have seen so far. There is some fan service in it, but less than I thought there would be. There is a bath scene, and an episode where they go to a water park. The water park episode kind of reminded me of Eiken. The language isn't too bad throughout it either. However, this is an episode where the guy gets punched a lot, which is something that bothered me in the past, but I didn't really mind it as much when I watched this. If you don't mind some minor fan service, I would give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLUELOCK THE MOVIE -EPISODE NAGI-

Seishiro Nagi had no ambition. All he wanted to do was spend his time playing videogames. That is until he met Reo Mikage. Reo accidentally ...