Tuesday, September 17, 2024

A Whisker Away


Miyo Sasaki is known at school as Muge. It's short for Miss Ultra Gaga Enigmatic. She tries to get the attention of her crush Kento Hinode. However, he isn't at all interested in her. So the obvious solution is to take the form of a cat using a cat mask given to her by a talking cat. But, theres a catch to using it. Once you decide you would rather be a cat than a human you have to give up your human form which is then given to a cat that wants to be human. Life isn't always easy. Will Miyo get Kento to recognize his feelings, or will she be forced to give up her humanity?

A Whisker Away was simultaneously cute and cringey. I think the concept is interesting, and the only other time I have seen this in the romance genre is in My Life as Inukai-San's Dog. However, if you are looking for something cute and wholesome I would definitely go with A Whisker Away. The only cringey part is Muge's attempts at flirting. The movie is clean both in language and visually. Overall, I think it is worth watching. The ending is really good. It left me satisfied, so I wasn't left asking any questions, or wanting a sequel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Train to the End of the World

After a girl arrives in Ikebukuro, she is greeted by a man surrounded by a huge crowd. He tells her that he is launching the newest technolo...