Saturday, September 21, 2024

Kiss Him, Not Me


Kae Serinuma is an overweight boys love fangirl. She has always been one to watch romance from the side. However, when her favorite anime character Sion dies she holes up in her room for an entire week and loses all of her excess weight. When she finally goes back to school she is approached by four attractive guys who all ask her out on a date. Since she doesn't have any romantic experience she decides to go with all four of them. While they did attend a romantic movie she was more focused on picturing the guys she was with dating each other. Will Kae develop her own feelings for one of them?

I enjoyed Kiss Him, Not Me more than I thought I would. It made me laugh a couple times, which is always good. This anime deals a lot with shipping, and I actually found myself trying to figure out who I hoped Kae would end up with. It switches for me between Asuma Mutsumi and Yuusuke Igarashi. While Shima Nishina gets along well with Kae I think that she would be a better friend than significant other. I really like that even though they find out she's an otaku they all still accept her. The mixed harem gives the anime a unique feel. If you enjoy romance anime, but want to see something that feels different I would definitely give this one a try. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Train to the End of the World

After a girl arrives in Ikebukuro, she is greeted by a man surrounded by a huge crowd. He tells her that he is launching the newest technolo...