Saturday, March 7, 2026

Actually, I Am


Asahi Kuromine is a boy who is known for never keeping secrets. Everyone calls him a "Leaky Basket" because the truth flows right out of him.  For a long time he has had a crush on his classmate Youko Shiragami. When he finally gets the courage to confess his feelings to her, he learns that she's actually a vampire. Youko tells Asahi that if her secret gets out she would have to leave school. So Asahi promises to keep her secret and asks her to be friends.

I really enjoyed watching Actually, I Am. While they don't become a couple due to Asahi's slip of the tongue, it's a great school life anime. It has a similar feel to Rosario + Vampire with all the different monsters going to school together. The design of the devil though, reminded me of To Love Ru. I was half expecting her to claim to be from deviluke. While I said it reminded me of To Love Ru and Rosario + Vampire, it has almost no fan service at all. There is a bath scene and a pool scene though. Overall, I would definitely suggest giving it a watch.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Botan Kamiina Fully Blossoms When Drunk

It's Botan Kamiina's first year at college. As she goes to meet the girls living in the same dorm as her, she notices that the resid...